Sunday, February 6, 2022

February 4 Brendan's gift and card

Friday Evening: Brendan's birthday party is tomorrow, so I wrapped his gifts and designed his birthday card tonight. In the picture below, the Multi-models 4-in-one block thingie is what I picked up at Aunt Candy's Toy Company today in Rockford. This kit makes four different aquatic animals: a shark, a sting-ray, a whale, and .... I can't remember the fourth. The blocks themselves are clear and there is an LED light that makes the model light up once it is put together. This gift will be to Brendan from Emma and Kaity. He will like it!

And what is inside my wrapped box for Brendan? There are actually six wrapped items inside the box.

(1)  "The Big Book of Drawing"  (2)  "101 Animals" (another drawing book), (3) and (4) two Elephant and Piggie Books: "We are in a Book" (this is my favorite Elephant and Piggie book) and "Let's Go for a Drive", (5) and (6) two Pigeon books: "Pigeon Wants a Puppie", and "Pigeon Has to go to School!" Brendan is an excellent reader, and these books are several grade levels below his ability--but he loves these stories and so do I!

I spent quite awhile tonight designing Brendan's card. I love to make cards for my grandchildren!

Below is the inside top flap of the folded 5 x 7 card ...
Here is the bottom inside greeting ...
And this is the back of the card.
I was happy with the way the card turned out. I think Brendan will like it too.


 

No comments: