Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February 15 At my house

Tuesday:  We had such a nice time at my house today. Nothing terribly unusual about the stuff we did--but we had so much FUN doing a lot of nothing!

Here is Brendan reading to the littles while they are assembling puzzles. The book is: "Who is the Mystery Reader?" by Mo Willems, from his UNLIMITED SQUIRRELS series. What a funny book!

Erin really really loves these tiny 12-piece puzzles. She is so proud when she assembles one of them.
Aidan really enjoys them too ... along with making books. He made two more books this afternoon.

I have toys and puzzles that sometimes I forget that I have ... in this instance, two very nice floor sized puzzles. Since Brendan is going up to Great Wolf Lodge Wednesday evening with his friend Joanna and her family, I thought he might like to work on a puzzle I purchased from there almost three years ago.

I had totally forgotten about my fire truck puzzle too! Erin, Aidan and I worked on it together and then the kiddos took a ride! Look at Aidan steering the truck ...


We played all afternoon. The little kiddos did well on the potty today (!!), we enjoyed our eating/snack times, and even watched a little bit on the Disney channel late in the day. When we returned home to their house, I had given Aidan and Erin a little pep talk in the car about being nice to their mom and dad instead of having meltdowns, and they did great! They are oftentimes super tired by the time we return to their house (these kiddos get up super early in the morning), and sometimes I think their exhaustion gets the best of them. 

Thankful for such a nice few hours today with these children.


No comments: