Thursday, April 18, 2024

April 17 with Cal

Wednesday:  I'm never quite sure what mood young Cal will be in while playing at my house. Yesterday, he was not as wild and crazy about CARS and trucks as he was about the puppets! I got out Charlie from the closet and cracked Cal up for awhile with him. His strings are so messed up right now, I'm not sure I will ever be able to straighten them out again!

Cal was very amused by both Charlie and Sunny today and kept going back to play with them.
We did spend a bit of time back in the playroom and had our very own gravel pit to play in for awhile.

Mr. Cal was very intense and precise about which trucks were capable of which tasks ... and correctly named each truck!

Cal did a good job keeping our "beans" and sparkly stones inside the container. He understood my instructions about not throwing them all over the room, and played for 20 minutes very nicely. Good job, Cal.


I was a tiny bit surprised that Cal derived so much pleasure moving beans around from bulldozer to dump truck, etc. I do have some "buried treasure" under the beans that we were able to find, and that was fun.


Our three hours here went by quickly. We read quite a few books while Cal was on the potty. Every single book that was in the bathroom book bin was read from cover to cover!

Cal fell asleep immediately on the ride back to his house. Once there, I let him sleep another 20 minutes while I got the kids off their bus; and then we all had a nice cantaloupe and cucumber snack. We also played horse rides (I was the horse) in the basement while watching a Aidan and Brendan play a video game on the big screen. 

It was a very nice few hours with these beautiful and precious grandchildren. So thankful for them.

No comments: