Sunday, April 28, 2024

May 7 Florida, Day NINE

Tuesday: So TODAY, another bucket-list check-off item ... JET SKIING!!!! I've wanted to get on a jet ski for half of my entire life! This has been a trip of FIRSTS for me and I am really happy about it.

My nephew, Andrew, and wife (Alison) own a jet ski. He and David have a very good and healthy dad/son relationship, which is so refreshing to watch. Andrew is almost 38 now--so, he is totally grown up. He's been married to his dear Alison for 16 years now. Andrew is one of the kindest people you could ever meet. He is responsible, capable, loving, follows the Lord, and enjoys life. David was very liberal with his boat (which is now sold), and oftentimes, Andrew and Alison would take it out on their own and enjoy a day on the water. Now that the boat is gone (sad), David gets some relief at least by going out on the jet ski occasionally. 

We picked up the ski over at Andrew's early Tuesday afternoon and used it for a few hours out in the bay and elsewhere. David raced it up to 60mph on the open water. What a blast. I was hanging on to the seat handles next to me and we were ... flying! I actually enjoyed it better when we were going slowly--but that's because I like to look at the beauty around me and just meander about. I DID enjoy going fast, but kept my eyes closed a lot (because I didn't want a bug to land in my eyes). 

Here are a few pictures:


I don't remember where we launched! I'll have to ask David. It was familiar water to David from his years of boating, though. He knows his way around the intercostal, the Bay, and a lot of the Gulf too. It was a perfectly beautiful day for skiing.
Good thing David knows how to hook up trailers and hitches and everything that goes with them. He's very meticulous about it and doesn't mess up! We watched a few other people launch their skis and it was difficult not to want to go and rescue them before they submerged their trucks in SALT water. But David was very restrained.



I think we were out on the water for about two hours. We lathered up with sun screen. The sun is brutal down here, especially as it reflects off the water.
While David was fussing with the ski, I walked along the edge of the water and followed this egret for a little distance. I think egrets are beautiful creatures.




We returned the ski to Andrew and were able to visit with him at their house for a little while. They have three cats--you can just see part of the orange one at the bottom of the picture. They have a black cat too, and another one that was hiding and wouldn't come out. They are renting this house, and actually moved into this location so that they could take care of Alison's grandma, who was in her last days of life. 
This is the pool that comes with their house. Doesn't it look inviting? I would be in it constantly, I think. I love to swim and play in the water.
I'm pretty sure we ate dinner at home Tuesday night and just relaxed a bit with Carol. We watched a really sweet movie: "Return to Me." I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first; but I ended up loving it. Such a good story!

No comments: