Sunday, April 28, 2024

May 3 Florida, Day FIVE

Friday:  David and I talked about the possibility of taking the ferry over to Egmont Key to hang out over there for a few hours; but we had done that several years ago, and I had plenty of good pictures of the lighthouse from that time. 

We decided, instead, to take a nice long walk at the north beach and just spend the entire day out there. For one thing, I have never been SWIMMING in the ocean/gulf, and I intended to do it! I don't really have very many pictures from this day; but I will post the few I took.

This is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, so beautiful! David and I have been across and under this bridge too (on the boat). 

We walked this pier to take the pictures of the bridge. It was late morning and already burning HOT outside.


David had packed the truck with all of the beach stuff and we headed down to the north beach (you can see Egmont Key in the distance). ALSO: I asked David why everything is called a "Key" down here, so we asked Siri and she told us that "Key" is Spanish for "little island". !! That makes total sense now!

What a gorgeous day! This is where we set up our beach "camp" and hung out for a few hours. This is also where David and I swam for awhile. I decidedly do NOT like salt water in my mouth, up my nose, or in my eyes! I had no idea it was THAT salty! BUT I will say that the salt makes the water VERY soft to touch and actually felt good on my skin. So ... it was a very positive experience; plus, there were no sharks in sight!
See the little wagon inside the tent? This is how everything got hauled down to the beach from the truck--it was quite a walk! What a beautiful place. The sound of the waves, the birds, and the warmth of the sun was so wonderful.
I was super glad we spent our day right here. 

Carol came out to the camp ground in the early evening. She'd had to work all week; but this is Friday night, so she came over and spent the night. She brought delicious chicken with her for us to eat too. We made a meal of two chickens and even had some left over. It was great to eat outside in the tent and feel the soft breeze too. Such a nice day.

No comments: