Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 20 with dear KT

Saturday: Diana asked me if it was possible to meet she and KT over at the Gardens mid-afternoon today--so that's the arrangement we made, which worked out just fine. I snapped only a very few pictures while in the butterfly conservatory ... because I already have 100's ... plus since it was a Saturday, it was super crowded and not worth trying to get a good photo.


I was able to finally find Kaity and her mom inside the conservatory and then Kaity and I took off on our own. We stopped by the gift shop to see if there was anything interesting (toys) to look at; but they've cut way back on their toy selection!

Earlier in the day, Kaity had asked if her good friend, Kenzie, could come over with her this afternoon. I love having Kenzie over with Kaity! But it turned out that Kenzie had forgotten all about a soccer game she needed to attend. She is on the team, but is unable to play because of her recently fractured tibia (!!); but she was there to support her team anyway. So it was just Kaity and I!

We worked on our new puzzle (I forget to take pictures) for awhile, which is always fun. Kaity's pretty territorial when it comes to puzzles, though. You have to be careful NOT to TOUCH a piece she has her eye on! I'll take pictures as we make further progress. Right now we don't even have the border completed.

Kaity requested we watch a Woody Woodpecker movie, so we did that. It was okay. I am not a "fan" of movies like this; but I can certainly sit with Kaity as she enjoys them, can't I? I like a GOOD story plot with well-developed characters. I like history and intrigue! I like love stories. But ... Kaity isn't there yet, so that's okay. I have an abundance of movies to show her when she is ready for them. At this age (almost 12), Emma wasn't into my kind of movies either--she did, however, grow over the years and we ended up having very similar movie "likes" and "dislikes". 

These "silly" pictures are Kaity goofing around. It looks like my coffee table ran her over ...

... isn't she funny? I love her laugh.
Well ... that's it. Her tongue is hanging out. She is dead.
I love you, Kaity-girl.

 

No comments: