Saturday, April 20, 2024

April 18 My KT-Girl

Thursday:  I was already in the driveway when Kaity's bus pulled up this afternoon. It's been a week since I've seen her and I missed her! Apparently, she had been sick and missed a day of school this week; so she presented me with a few homework assignments that she needed to complete.

We worked on Kaity's homework right away. I used to love school ... well, except Math. Wouldn't you know it? Kaity had a Math assignment on parallelograms and trapezoids, etc. Not exactly my cup of tea--but I learned a lot from helping Kaity with her assignment. It's not like I didn't know this stuff; but it's been so long ago that I studied it, that I quite forgot it! Kaity also had a history lesson that covered colonial life in the late 1700's--the Boston Tea Party and the Continental Congress, etc. I love that stuff.

Kaity used my nice mechanical pencils to write out her answers. I decided to donate one for her to use since she enjoyed it so much. It took awhile for us to work through these assignments--but it was so nice to interact with Kaity and "pick her brain" a little bit. She is a wonderful girl, Kaity is. She has some reading challenges--which naturally affects every subject in school--so it takes extra time and patience for Kaity to do her assignments. She's not terribly fond of school work, but this does not mean she does not have a very capable brain. She just lacks motivation I think ... and definitely lacks interest in certain subjects (don't we all?). Plus, in our age of technology--patience isn't needed as much as it used to be--information is everywhere on the internet, right at your fingertips.
Doesn't Kaity have a beautiful face? I think so ... and I love her dearly ... not for her beautiful face, but for her heart.
We ended up over at our trampoline place mid-evening. It was surprisingly NOT crowded tonight. Our friend, Ayden, was there; so he and Kaity hung out a bit. They used to be much closer--but things have shifted a bit with their friendship. We also received word that Kaity's dear friend, Kenzie, has a fractured tibia! Yikes. If that is the truth, Kenzie will be a few weeks or even months, away from jumping at Altitude. I hope her leg heals quickly.

No comments: