Sunday, April 28, 2024

May 4 Florida, Day SIX

Saturday: We had to be out of our campsite by 11AM this morning--but David and Carol are early morning people and were up, showered, packed up and ready to go by about 9:00! There was a lot to pack away and clean up at the campsite, but everything cleaned up just fine and we were on our way back to Safety Harbor.

David and Carol got caught up on a bunch of stuff at their house during the day--ran errands, put camping stuff away, etc. They were invited to a "gender reveal" party on Clearwater Beach in the early evening, so we ate out at "Caddy's" (Indian Rock Shores) on the way. I had delicious grouper (I LOVE fish)!


David and Carol have a lot of friends. One of their dearest friends died during COVID (he had a pre-existing health condition) and this has been a huge loss for them. I think his name was ED and his wife's name is CINDY. Carol gets together regularly with Cindy--so this "reveal" party is for Cindy's daughter, pregnant with her first baby. Cindy already has 2 granddaughters, so everyone was kind of hoping this would be a BOY; however ... we learned Cindy will have another granddaughter!
We arrived a little bit early for the "reveal", but it was good because there were people invited to the party that David and Carol had not seen in a long time--people they used to work with when they were involved in Christian schools. So they had a lot of greeting and catching up to do with old friends. Since I really didn't know any of these folk, I walked the beach ...
We had such nice weather the entire time I was there--no rainy days, beautiful skies and temperature! Perfect.

I took tons of beach pictures--one can never have too many! The only trouble I have now is identifying my camera pictures from my phone pictures--they are all kind of mixed up!
We were all so tired after the reveal party that once we got home to David and Carol's place, we said good-night and went to bed!


No comments: