Sunday, April 28, 2024

May 9 Florida, Day ELEVEN

Our Last Day, Thursday:  It's difficult not to dread the end to something that you love, isn't it? I was determined NOT to spoil our last day by thinking about the fact that it was OUR LAST DAY. Instead, I prayed that David and I would just have a relaxing day together. My flight is early evening, so we determined that David would drive me to St. Pete's airport by 5:00. Everything worked out as planned ... except my flight ended up being delayed by a little over an hour. It was not a big deal.

We spent the day in St. Petersburg, just enjoying the sites and the little gift shops. We went back to St. Pete Pier because I wanted to return to the gift shop Carol and I had visited the first day I was here. I had seen some pretty earrings (nautical) that I thought I might purchase (and I DID!). We walked around out on the pier and looked at boats and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

St. Pete Pier

At the right side of the picture below is a tiny airport that is used for Cessna's and other small aircraft. We watched the little planes taking off and landing all throughout the day.
Don't you love boat docks? 
This is "The Hangar" where David and I ate lunch. It is on the same property with the small airport. I had a "Hangar-Burger" that was delicious.
It was a beautiful last day ... I enjoy being with my brother so much. He and I have always gotten along. I truly can't remember one time when we were on the outs with each other. There are not too many people I can say that about (sadly); so I am always comfortable and feel at home with him. It was also super nice to spend more time with Carol during this visit. In all of the 45 years of their marriage, Carol and I have never spent an entire day together (until this trip!). She is such an easy person to be with. She is genuine. She is kind. She is a lot of fun, too. 
This picture was taken probably the 2nd day I was with them, but I cannot for the life of me remember where we are. I know we decided to relax by the water one evening, but I have no idea where we did that, unless it was in Dunedin ... perhaps that's where this picture (below) was taken.
David and Carol are coming "up" to Michigan over Labor Day weekend for a 4-day visit with me, Ruthanne, and Terry. We are going to go up north to the Charlevoix area, spend a night in an airbnb, and just travel around the small coastal towns and enjoy ourselves. I am looking forward to that time with them very much.


No comments: