Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 19 at my house

Tuesday:  I am uncertain if I will have any photos to add to this post or not ... you see, my computer issues are still unresolved ... mostly due to the photo program I simply cannot live without. I DO have a pretty strong hope that all of this can be successfully remedied and then I will be back to "normal."

I was instructed to pick up my three kiddos today over at the art class. Naturally, I was curious and excited to do this! I LOVE children's art and I LOVE the fact that most of my grandchildren also LOVE art. So I drove over to "Miss Julie's" house, arriving at the designated 11:30 am time. Julie's husband works with Dylan--this is how the connection was made that Julie is a certified teacher and that she runs weekly art courses at her house.

I walked into the art studio and was SO pleased! The studio is actually a one-stall garage that is decorated with Julie's paintings and all kinds of wonderful art supplies. She has a few white boards hanging illustrating painting and drawing techniques and other neat stuff.

Today's art project was to draw/paint/color "DRACO" the dragon. There as an entire story around this dragon that was taught to the kids and then fabulous dragon pictures were passed around to give the kids ideas of how to draw a dragon. Julie had examples of how to draw "scales" and "claws" and "fire breathers", etc. It was wonderful! I hope I can post pictures at a later date.

From art class, we drove here to eat lunch and hang out for awhile. It was 90 degrees with a humidity level of 67 today--the misery index was quite high. I was melting--but the kids seemed unphased. We did a bunch of ordinary things throughout our hours here, always fun to be with these cuties.

We also drove over to air-conditioned "Altitude" for the kids to jump around for an hour before we went back home to Dylan and Kelly. We ate delicious "Buddy's" pizza for dinner (yum) and played for a little while before I drove back to my VERY hot house. But it was a GOOD day and I am so thankful for it.

No comments: