Saturday, July 9, 2022

July 7 Art with KT

Thursday:  It's still quite hot today, with a slight threat of rain--I kind of had it in my head that I would take Kaity swimming somewhere. My friend, Brenda, offered us time over at her pool; but Jesse texted me that Kaity had spent a few hours in the water already with her "besties" (they went to a cool water park adventure with soap bubbles and everything). Hmm. What to do with Kaity today?

Truthfully, it had been such a few stressful days that my head was splitting like it could break open and my brains would spill out everywhere. Why the stress? My I-MAC is inoperable! I cannot use my PhotoscapeX. I can't edit pictures! I can't design cards! I feel like part of me is dying a very slow and really painful death. I.am.not.lying. This is the TRUTH. 

Jesse has been working on my behalf, diligently! I can't put into words how much appreciate all he has done for me this week. Such kindness. I loved spending this time with him. He is a precious person. Oh God! Speak to his dear heart about Your goodness and love for him, Your purposes and plans that are SO perfect for each one of us. Please, Lord!

When I drove over to get Kaity, I had made a firm decision about this whole computer thing. I scheduled an appointment over at Apple for Friday to see if there was any way they could salvage my very overloaded MAC. Once I made that decision, my stress level eased considerably. I hate indecision. I am not much good for "limbo" situations. 

I was very thankful when Kaity already had a plan for our time together. This was SO helpful! You see, Emma had purchased a very nice Art book for Kaity's 10th birthday. Kaity was excited to get started on it. YES! There is nothing more relaxing than doing art with kids, is there? 

Here are a few pictures of our time together.

We sat at my "computer" and found Moriah Elizabeth (the girls' favorite on-line artist) on Youtube and watched a few of her videos while Kaity worked on her "Create this Book"
This is such a fun book! Kaity loves it too. Good job, Emma, picking out such a great gift for KT.
Do you want to know how LONG Kaity sat here doing art? More than an hour! Remarkable.
We ate a nice dinner together, and then Kaity suggested we return to her "old" school playground to see if there have been any changes made to it over the year she has been at her "new" school. This is a very fun playground. Kaity showed me all of her strength and prowess ... she's really something.
I was so thankful tonight for this time with my Kaity-Girl. She is a delightful person. We measured her again at my house, comparing marks on my wall that have been made at various seasons ... we discovered Kaity has grown 7.5 inches in just two years. Wow. 


No comments: