Wednesday, July 6, 2022

June 29 KAITY IS TEN

Wednesday:  This is going to be a crazy hard entry to post--mostly because I am using an unfamiliar computer and my pictures from Wednesday and others that would have been made into collages are here, there, and everywhere--without any ability to edit whatsoever. PLUS, they are loading backward. SO this will have to just DO for now.

I absolutely love these pictures of Kaity through the years ...
I had hundreds and hundreds to choose from--it was super hard to narrow it down!
These are just a few ... but isn't it FUN to watch Kaity grow?

 I was working on a collage of 2021 and 2022 when ... I wasn't able to finish because of computer issues. IF I ever figure out how to run a photo program on this new computer, I'll finish collecting those pictures and add them here. 

I DO have pictures of Kaity-Girl opening the gift she picked out six weeks ago--perhaps it was EIGHT weeks ago. This is exactly what Kaity wanted--a puppet like ventriloquists use! 

Kaity's Gift:  

Kaity informed me weeks ago that EVERY ventriloquist puppet needs a suitcase! AH. I hadn't figured we would go that far with this ... but ... I very much love how Kaity gets into pretending and how much she loves puppets (I wonder why she loves puppets?!?). So I went shopping at used shops for old suitcases ... but the selection was very small, the suitcases VERY ragged and quite HUGE. I almost gave up until Kaity suggested making one ourselves out of an old cardboard box!

As you can see in the picture above, that's NOT the route we ended up taking! But a tiny lightbulb went on in my brain (yes, I do have one) when Kaity mentioned cardboard, and I remembered that there are lots of sturdy cardboard "boxes", decoration type ones, on the market. Kaity and I jumped on the internet and did a search. This design was her favorite (mine too), so we ordered it and it came on time for Kaity's birthday! YES! And LOOK! There is Darci! You can change her clothing (even her shoes!), so I purchased an outfit for her.





Hopefully, Kaity will enjoy this little puppet and practice her ventriloquism using her. I am terrible at trying to do voices with my lips closed, but Kaity has been working on this for quite awhile and has made good progress.

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY, dearest Kaity-Girl!


No comments: