Saturday, July 30, 2022

July 29 My rocks are crying out!

Friday afternoon:  Here's another reason my day was so perfect. Let's see ... this is a long story ... I need to shorten it down. Well. Last year when I began my fun journey of painting rocks that would PROCLAIM God's greatness and love, my goal was simply to tell HIS story; and since I am a very lousy evangelist, perhaps someone would read God's Word and surrender their life to Him. To my knowledge, this hasn't happened yet--but my rocks are getting noticed for sure. One day last week, I was washing dishes and looking out my kitchen window I noticed two elderly ladies who were reading every rock--with a rather mystified look at their faces--like perhaps the words were something they had never read before. I prayed that God's Word would speak to their hearts. I SHOULD have gone outside and introduced myself and been real neighborly and asked who they were and where the lived and listened to them ... but I didn't (sadly). 

Last fall, I took a few pictures of the rocks and I had painted and shared them with my Monday night Bible study friends. One of the ladies, Julie, just loved them. She is a gardener and her husband, Victor, is a calligrapher! Yikes. Now and then, when I paint a new rock, I'll send her a picture. I had no idea she was keeping the pictures on her phone to show to people. 

Julie is now in a different Bible study group in our Wednesday night study. This past Wednesday, their group was talking about HOW AWESOME God is and if we didn't praise Him, the rocks would cry out! Julie whipped out her phone and showed her group the pictures of my rocks. As it turned out, another of my neighbors (Judy) is in that small group and she shouted out that I am her neighbor! And then Julie passed her phone around and everyone saw the rocks, etc. 

This afternoon, this neighbor (a few blocks over) Judy brought a woman (Sherry) from that small group over to view the rocks. They called for me to come out and tell them all about the process of painting them. We had such a fun time talking together. They even came inside and looked at some of the cards I've been making, and they shared some very cool things God is doing in their lives. 

Here are a few recent pictures of my rocks:









I pray the Lord will use His word, that never returns empty, to move in the hearts of people TOWARDS Him and His love for them so that they will be rescued and brought into God's family.


No comments: