Saturday, July 30, 2022

July 29 Gloria's Garden

Friday:  Today was one of those PERFECT days that don't come along very often in my life. WHY was it perfect? Well ... I will show you in the next few posts just exactly WHY!

One of my neighbor's, Gloria, who lives a few streets further into the park, was diagnosed with COVID this week. Gloria is a believer, born and raised in Austin TX. She and her husband have been going to Calvary for a few years now. We met a couple of years back because I was walking by her house and noticed her flowers ... her gorgeous colorful amazing garden surrounding her entire house. So, naturally, I took pictures. She came out of her house and we began talking, which was when we found out we were believers. Anyway ... I made Gloria a get-well card and decided to just walk it over to her house and place it inside her mailbox. 

Here's the card:

Front

Back

Inside


Gloria and I are not close friends or anything; but we have had many nice conversations and I wanted her to know I was praying for her. So I walked the card over to her house and placed it in her mailbox. I walked around to the rear of her house because she has an entire fenced-in flower garden at the back of her property, as well as ALL around her house and shed. I took lots and lots of pictures!

Gloria was out back watering this part of her garden. She lit right up when she saw me with my camera! She knows ALL the names of these beautiful flowers. I can't remember half of what she told me. She's really got a green thumb--look how beautiful it is!
Her Zinnias are amazing!


And these Asiatic lilies!



More Zinnias!


The back of her shed ...
And all along her house ... beauty abounds.
I LOVE cone flowers ...

... they are so much FUN to photograph. 

Look at all the detail God puts into what He makes. AWESOME--isn't HE?
AH! Dahlias! I LOVE them!




Gloria was so pleased that I was taking pictures of all of her hard work (and God's blessings). She didn't open the card I made while I was there--in fact, I didn't expect to hear from her about my card at all. But I was wrong ...

Later in the day as I was driving over to Dylan and Kelly's, Gloria called to thank me for the card I had made her. She said she had never seen a more beautiful card! And then we had the nicest conversation as I was driving. I found out that Gloria HATES to pull weeds and she found out that I LOVE to pull weeds! We had a good laugh about that. I have been invited to free come and pull weeds out of her beautiful flower gardens any time that I need that kind of therapy! I will take her up on it FOR SURE. 

Part 2 of my perfect day follows ...


No comments: