Wednesday, May 10, 2023

May 10 Four at Altitude!

Tuesday afternoon:  I was wondering how exactly the second part of our day would end up flowing, but I asked the Lord to be near and help me be patient and wise--I am thankful that everything went as smoothly as it did. The kiddos were well behaved (even Aidan!!) and we had a very nice time. Cal and Erin fell asleep in the car, so I just parked the car in their driveway, rolled the windows down and let them nap while we waited for Aidan's bus to drop him off. When I got Aidan off the bus, he miraculously was pleased with the idea of going to Altitude and my house, etc. I was concerned at first because as he jumped off the bus he announced that he was going to play outside with his friends across the street. So I carefully told him that his mama had back-to-back appointments and a late meeting, so she was not going to be home for dinner--so our plans had to shift a bit for the day. Brendan was a little "put off" at first too because he really enjoys playing a video game or two right after school and was all set to do that. But once he got in the car and saw the books I had chosen for him to look at, he was just fine. He read to me all the way to Altitude--which because of the time of day was a 40 minute ride. Yikes.

This little guy kills me. He is totally his own person and he always surprises me with what he will come up with. Tough little cookie, this one. He plays SO rough.

The "trapeze" opened up and Erin decided she wanted to use the bar and swing over the foam mat and then drop--but she couldn't reach the bar and the staff person isn't allowed to lift her up there ...
Brendan tried to get her up to the bar ...
... but he just couldn't lift her high enough. She was sad about it and then just jumped off! The picture I took of her jumping completely blurred (see next picture).

Brendan does a good job on the trapeze and really enjoys flying ...
Dear Cal was completely entertained. He sat on the sidelines and watched intently.
Brendan landed on his knees that time. He did manage to land on his feet several times--which is always his goal.

Erin talked me in to going to the top of the platform with her and helping her grab the bar so she could swing. You should have seen her FLY! She was so pleased--but I naturally missed taking that picture because I was so shocked she had done it!

Aidan jumped off the platform a few times too--he's gotten much braver in his "old" age!
The dodge ball area is always a favorite for the kids--especially Cal. He loves to play ball!


We left Altitude at about 5:45, drove to Little Caesar's where we waited 10 minutes for our cheese pizza and breadsticks, drove to my house where we ate and played, and then back to their house at about 7:45. Miss Carrie was on "bedtime" duty (thankfully), so I said goodnight to the kids and drove back home.

No comments: