Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 2 Erin's Fashion Show

Tuesday:  Erin was excited to show me all of her new dresses that had come in the mail ... just for HER! She told me all about how Kelly had ordered them and how they had waited and that they had come that very morning before she left for preschool.

We looked them over and she showed me the matching socks and talked about which dress she was would to church and which dress she would wear to Miss Jen's upcoming wedding, and which one was her favorite color, etc. It was so much fun.

I thought we were finished with the dress thing until Erin looked at me and asked if she could try them on. Hmmm. I wasn't sure. Wouldn't Kelly want to be the first one to see her little angel dressed in these great outfits? I struggled with this! But Erin literally BEGGED to try them on. So I gave her some boundaries: yes, she could try each dress on--but she when we had photographed her in each dress (front and back), then she had to put her play clothes back on. Erin hesitated about agreeing to this--but I told her it was the only way I would allow her to model them for me.

Here is Erin with her very own fashion show:

We had a hard time getting this little dress on Erin! At first, we thought it wasn't going to fit--but that was because I tried getting it on over her head--but only one of the shoulders has buttons and everything kept getting tangled up. So we had Erin step INTO the dress (duh) instead and then it fit her perfectly. Look how darling the back of the dress is!
Erin explained to me that she wanted a flower dress and this is what they picked out. Oh my. I could just eat her up in this dress. She is SO dang cute.

THIS dress was Erin's favorite (below) and it's the one she wants to wear to Miss Jen's wedding this month. I love this dress on her. She is so stinkin' cute in it.

There was one other dress--but when we tried to unzip it, the "invisible zipper" wasn't sown correctly and needed to be snipped in order for it to actually go DOWN. I didn't want to do the snipping and told Erin we would wait for her mom to do that. 

With each dress, Erin would run down to the basement to model it for her brothers. I listened to see if they had any comments; but of course, they were playing video games and were totally unimpressed with their sister and her pretty dresses. They didn't say anything MEAN ... they just didn't say ANYTHING. Erin was undeterred, however; and with each dress made the same announcement: "Look guys! Look at my pretty dress!" 

After Dylan and Kelly came home from work and we ate our dinner and played for awhile, it was time for Erin to take a bath. She told Kelly that after her bath, she was going to pick which dress to wear to bed. Poor Kelly had to dissuade our little princess from this idea--and she did a good job with that conversation. But then, Kelly is a master at that sort of thing!

No comments: