Saturday, May 20, 2023

May 19 A few short hours

Friday:  I was asked to come over to Dylan and Kelly's late afternoon to relieve Miss Jen--she had an appointment that couldn't be scheduled any other way (she IS getting married in just 8 days from now!); so I drove over and arrived at 4pm.

Little Cal is sick! Erin was sick Tuesday and Wednesday, but is feeling more herself today. But Cal was sleeping on the front room couch. We decided NOT to disturb him and just monitor him every few minutes. Meanwhile, Erin and I waited for Aidan's bus to arrive and then surprised him with PACO, who kindly carried Aidan's school bag across the street for him (much to Aidan's amusement).

Once Brendan was home from school, the three non-sick kids went in the basement to play. I rotated from the basement to the front room so that I could check on Cal and make sure he was okay.

I didn't bring my camera, but just snapped a very few pictures with my phone:

While I was walking around the first floor of their house (while checking on Cal), I ran across this Mother's Day card Aidan made for Kelly. I found out Kelly's favorite food is ... are you ready? LET IS!!! I love the accompanying illustration, don't you? Also, I had NO IDEA that Kelly's favorite animal is a rabbit (spelled with one B). But I thought it was super sweet that Aidan wrote that his mom loves to "eat popcorn and have fun wilf my dad."  Remember, now--this is written by a Kindergartner. Aidan--you are SO precious.
Meanwhile, down the basement, Aidan was taking a turn with video games and Paco was operating the controller!
Once Brendan was home from school, we later turned on the new Mario Brothers movie. The kiddos have seen it before, but they really enjoy it. It freed me up to go between the basement and the main floor making sure Cal was still doing okay.

Dylan and Kelly came home shortly after 5:30 and all was well. Little Cal woke up and welcomed home his parents by giving them a big smile. And then he even cuddled with me for awhile. He has the softest skin and just folds right into my arms like a marshmallow! I love him!

No comments: