Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 15 Cal's 3rd Birthday

Monday Evening: It's Cal's THIRD birthday today! I was unable to attend his party Saturday afternoon because I was already committed to attending Ben and Morgan's wedding with Emma. Kelly suggested that I come over on Cal's ACTUAL birthday, so I did!

This is the giant T-Rex balloon that was floating around their house--PERFECT.

Cal showed me all of the cool gifts he had received at his party this past Saturday. I think about 100% of his gifts were in the dinosaur category.
Erin showed me these little "dinosaur twins"!! There are about 5 little soft stuffed dinosaurs that all fit into a soft cave-like house with little windows. SO cute. Cal told me this gift will come to church with him on Sunday's since it is so quiet. Here's my take on that one: yes, the soft stuffed dinosaurs are quiet, but what happens when Cal opens his mouth to ROAR like a T-Rex? What then, I ask you?!?!?! Ha! He kills me.

Erin showing me the tiniest of dinosaurs ... she said I would like it because it is RED. She is right!
We finally got around to Cal opening the little gifts I brought for him. He isn't crying in this picture below--no--he is ordering his face to look like a scary dinosaur. He does a very good imitation!

Cal really liked the "marble car" that lights up and goes super fast.



He was VERY amused by the baby T-Rex riding a motorcycle ...


And he liked the bigger pull-back T-Rex ... what was he riding ... I can't remember! 

Lastly, he opened up his "Chomp, Chomp Dino" book that came with it's very own dinosaur finger puppet. We named it "Chompy" and one of us had it on our finger for the rest of the time together--pretending we were chomping stuff.

Kelly had lots of leftovers from Saturday's party. Lunch meat pinwheels, cheeses, veggies, and that DELICIOUS chocolate cream cake from Cosco.

Cal decided he would rather eat OUTSIDE on the back deck. What a nice place for kids!

And look! There are hammocks in the backyard--FOUR of them on FOUR different locations. They love them. I would too!


Oh.my.word. THIS little girl. I love her so much I can hardly stand it. She absolutely kills me. She is SO EASY to connect with and SO precious to BE with. 


And this fellow! I can't find words to describe how I love him. He is just the most precious person. I have the best memories of his younger days when it was just Brendan and me!
Look at these three at their own little table. 

SO CUTE.
Aidan Paul--you are something else! I can't get enough of you.
And stinker Cal ... you are not to be matched!

"This is my twee, gwamma!" Anything you want, Cal ... just name it.
I like your tree, little one!
Cal LOVES posing for me ... 
This picture of this child ... look at her eyes! When I look into those sweet eyes, my heart just about bursts with love for her.

Mr. Bossy-pants Aidan ... you are a treasure and a half. I love to watch you create and do all the interesting things you do. And your sense of humor is ... amazing.

It doesn't get any better than this--not here on this earth, I don't think. The love of children. Their little hearts and words and thoughts ... may you bless them all, dear Jesus.

No comments: