Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 6 A Party with Aidan

Saturday Afternoon:  Dylan and Kelly had a special dinner tonight at Dylan's work place, which brought up the need for someone to bring Aidan to a school friend's birthday party, stay there with him for the duration, and then return him back to the house. The other kids were being cared for by Miss Carrie.

I picked Aidan up and we drove over to Chloe's house. Was Aidan ever excited?!?! Chloe lives about 1.5 miles from Aidan's house. Thankfully, I had looked up the address and got there without getting lost! I only made TWO wrong turns, which is practically miraculous for a directionally challenged person such as myself. We were actually the FIRST to arrive.

Chloe's mom and dad (Wilson and Katie) were super friendly. They had a bunch of outdoor stuff set up on their front lawn like cool bubble wands, a soccer net, a very amazing and huge "balloon" ball, and then in their back yard they have a trampoline. Aidan was all over it! I took a few pictures (naturally).

I'm trying to remember Aidan's classmate's names ... the little boy running on the sidewalk in the picture below is CHARLIE. He was full of energy!

Pretty pot of flowers on their front porch ...
The backyard trampoline and the crazy "balloon" ball. Really--it was practically lighter than air--it FELT like a balloon, but it wasn't fragile enough to actually "pop" like a balloon. It was fun to watch the kids throw it around--however, it was a windy afternoon and they kept losing track of where it went.
There were a lot more girls at the party than boys--but Chloe is a girl, so that makes sense.
These little purple flowers were growing in the space behind the trampoline--aren't they lovely?

In the basement of Chloe's house, there were all kinds of toys and "crafty" things to do. Aidan LOVES crafts, so he went right to work. I could not believe how BRAVE Chloe's parents were to put out "GOO" and "Play-Doh" without any supervision! Oh my. The "GOO" was a real mess; but no real damage was done to the floor or table. I'm too uptight about stuff like that.
There was a pile of "scratch" paper. Charlie and Aidan were intent on removing ALL of the black to see the colors beneath in one big spread. I found the girls were more into making an actual picture with their etching.
After the kids had eaten all the pizza they could eat, and had sung "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed TWO kinds of birthday cake, it was time to open gifts. The kids were SO excited to give Chloe their gifts. I'm trying to remember some of the other names: Caroline, Roz, Persephone (after the Greek goddess, pronounced PUR-SEF-ONY), Dyron, Marie ... that's all that I can remember!

Here is Aidan presenting his gift to Chloe's mom. Aidan (a child after my own heart) made his own card for Chloe. She got so many fun gifts. Charlie announced to everyone in the room that the gifts were ACTUALLY for ALL of the kids to play with because Chloe told him she would share. Oh my.
Back down in the basement, Aidan finally got a turn on this very odd contraption hanging from the ceiling. He got himself inside of it, sat down, and I pushed him and twisted him around a little bit. I TRIED to get a picture of his face because I love it when he laughs like this--but he would NOT allow it!
This is the best I could do. I thanked him very much for the lovely picture of his LEGS.

Here is Aidan playing with a cool movie toy ... all the kids passed it around and thought it quite novel.

The party was over at 6:00, so Aidan and I went back to his house to play for a little while with Erin, Cal and Brendan. We had a very fun time together!
I played "Chase Me, Gwamma!" with Cal for awhile; and then it was HIS turn to chase me! I fell down in mock exhaustion, was jumped on and otherwise abused by all three of the kiddos, and then announced I was too old for this!
Love these kids so much.

No comments: