Saturday, August 17, 2024

August 16 EMMA

Friday:  It's Emma's 22nd birthday today! Seems so entirely NOT like it should be ... perhaps she is still just 10? But no, she is really 22 today. I got to see her this evening over at a birthday party for Kaity's friend, Kenzie (who is 13 today). I made Emma's card a few days ago and wrapped her presents yesterday so that they would be all ready to give to her.

This is a very recent picture of Emma and Koda -- they just celebrated their one-year anniversary on July 3. Doesn't Koda have such a nice smile? 

I don't see much of Emma nowadays. She is all grown up and on her own now. I miss her a lot, but this is how it is and I know the Lord is watching over her because I've ask Him to do that. I also ask Him to remind her of His Word and His ways ... and to give her a sound mind and help her walk in His Truth. 

Here is the card I made for her this year. I didn't have any "recent" pictures of her (the one above I "stole" from her mom's FB page), so I made her card from a place she and I visited six years ago when we were celebrating a long weekend together for her 16th birthday. We actually went to Mackinac Island, spent the night in Mackinac City, drove across the Mighty Mac (!!) and upwards to Tahquamenon Falls and then up to White Fish Pointe where the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk in 1975. It was such a fun time with her.






I went onto Amazon's Wishlist for Emma and was able to pick out a few items she had listed--so at least I know what I ended up purchasing she will like! I gave her the wrapped up box and her card last night at Kenzie's party--out in the parking lot where our cars were parked. Emma and Koda were meeting friends for her birthday celebration, so she asked if she could open the box later on at her house--she said she would video it and send it to me ... and she DID! It was so nice to watch you open your gifts and card, Emma--thanks so much.

No comments: