Friday, August 23, 2024

August 21 Deer Tracks Junction [Part 2]

 [CONTINUED]: SO ... this entire post is pictures of Budgies and young Callaghan. This place turned him into a bird lover--I'm so glad!

His first encounter was a tiny bit intimidating--2 birds at once on his small feeding stick was a tiny bit overwhelming; but he quickly overcame being squeamish and got along real well with all of the birds.


Cal was very amused by them!
I find them very beautiful, don't you?
Look at Cal's face (below!) ...

It didn't take very long before Cal's stick of seeds was EMPTY of seeds. This did not bother him one single bit! He just kept holding out his stick at every bird he saw . . .
We had one little white bird who kept sneaking into my camera bag--no kidding! It was so funny! Cal tapped my arm and said: "Gramma! There's a bird in your bag!" I didn't believe him! But when I opened the top of my camera case, there it was! I looked around at other people, and the birds were actually working themselves into any pocket or bag that had an opening!

Cal's little face ...
Here is a very friendly Budgie ...



This budgie seemed to delight himself in my camera lens ... look how close he gets to it!



Beautiful creatures!


I love this wee boy so much ... 


Cal doesn't give up easy ... he was determined that the birds should hop on his empty-of-seeds stick!


FINALLY, one of the yellow birds did! Cal was super pleased.



We probably spent 30 minutes in this bird pavilion. Cal didn't want to leave!


Look at how delighted he is!




I love these pictures so much. What a wonderful time we had today, Cal!

//

Today was the first day of school for Brendan (grade 7), Aidan (grade 2), and Erin (grade 1). Cal and I arrived at their house at about 4:00. Cal was soundly napping in the back seat of my car. Aidan and Erin's bus arrived at about 4:15 and we played at their house until Kelly heated up some leftovers from the Greek Fest (last weekend). I had a nice, long visit with Kelly while we ate--we don't often get to visit! 

What a nice day, Lord. Thank you so much!

No comments: