Wednesday, June 15, 2022

June 14 At my house ...

Tuesday:  Brendan is participating in a Day Camp Monday through Thursday this week with his close friend, Joanna--so Brendan will not be with us today. Since it was "Princess Day" at the John Ball Zoo today, Miss Jen had taken the children so that Erin could meet "Cinderella", "Anna", "Elsa", "Moana" and I'm not sure who else! Miss Jen asked if I could meet them at the zoo at 11 to pick up Erin and Aidan. It worked out just fine to do that very thing.

This week we are celebrating Erin's FOURTH birthday. Her actual party is Saturday over at ALTITUDE! There are 20 people invited to her party. I asked Dylan and Kelly if I could have Erin open her gifts from me tonight, over at their house, when I drop the kids back to them. They agreed to the plan, so I hid Erin's gifts (covered them with a blanket) in the back of my car.

I hung a few pink and purple (Erin's favorite colors) balloons around the main area of my house to give us a party feel!
The kids played for a long time with the tree house toys ...

We ate lunch--well, MOST of us ate lunch. I guess Aidan ate lunch if you count 3 very small apple slices and a bunch of Goldfish. Afterwards, we ate some tiny cupcakes--each with 1 candle and sang "Happy Birthday" to our little birthday girl. Isn't she so cute?

I LOVE this picture (below) of her ... she is the sweetest little thing.
Aidan super enjoyed his chocolate cupcake and requested a second. I told him if he ate more fruit and perhaps a cucumber solice or two, he could have another ... but ... that was too much to ask of this little noneater! Do you see the little plastic grasshopper finger puppet on the table? This was Aidan's "friend" for the day!

Erin is a cuddly little soul ... she likes to get all comfy-cozy in my soft round chair. I'm not sure how she stood the heat of it yesterday--we had a heat index of 105 degrees and I do not have AC.

She begged to be covered up ... so I found this nice "cold" sheet for her!

We were way TOO hot at my place, and I was again very thankful for the kids' membership over at Altitude. We left my house just before 4pm and the kiddos jumped until 5:30. They had so much fun! (see next post).

No comments: