Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 25 Twenty-four hours of Kaity

Saturday:  Jesse had an unusual situation arise today inthat he had to work from about 1:00 until midnight (it's a long story) about an hour north of Grand Rapids. He wondered if I could accommodate having Kaity during that time ... so we decided she would just spend the night! Emma was gone on a tubing adventure with her work friends and left by 9am Saturday morning, not returning until 8pm that night. SO ... it was just Kaity and I! Here are a few pictures of our time together.

Kaity wasn't feeling quite herself physically (there is an explanation for this that I won't write about in this blog--nothing to worry about, just life happening and Kaity growing up too fast) and really wasn't very interested in going to a playground to hang out, so we just played here. Kaity got out my old marble run and using the detailed instructions, she was able to make this all by herself! Good job, Kaity!




We did our usual stuff around here: snacking, playing with puppets, hanging out with Belle-Belle and had a pretty relaxing day.

I had been trying to take a few pictures of Kaity sitting at my computer, but she kept photobombing me with putting her knees in front of her face--I showed her some of those funny pictures, which cracked her up.
Kaity brought over baby Angel to spend the night--she is such a cute little baby doll.
She also brought over her stuffed snow leopard.

Later in the evening, Emma came home from her tubing/kayaking adventure. Here she is combing through Kaity's hair. I love these pictures of my two girls.

We popped some popcorn and watched the original "Jurassic Park" movie. I had to leave the room during the real horrid parts ... but we finally finished watching it and settled down to bed by about 11pm. I made a bed for Kaity on the couch and she slept until I woke her up at about 9am Sunday morning.
Kaity and I had a bowl of cereal together and then we got ready for church. Kaity was pretty sleepy all through the service, but it sure was good to have her there with us. After we came back home and had lunch, Emma took Kaity for the rest of the day--thank you, Emma! Emma told me they went to the playground near Diana's house and kicked a soccer ball around for several hours! Good for you guys!

No comments: