Wednesday, June 8, 2022

June 7 at Millenium Park

Tuesday:  I can hear rain on the roof of my little beach house tonight as I sit at my computer, editing photos from yesterday ... it's been in the 60's all day today, but my heart is still WARM from being with these dear little souls yesterday. I feel so blessed.

I picked the children up at 11am and told them about a new addition to the playground over at Millenium Park. Actually, I am almost certain we didn't get to play there more than once last summer--so they really weren't sure which playground I was talking about! Anyway, this new addition is called the "Ninja Warrior" playground. They ALL loved it!

Aidan decided to make a SLIDE out of this climbing ramp ... he said it felt "bumpy" ... no kiddin!
Here is Brendan at the tippy top of the Ninja apparatus ...
And dear Erin ...

Both Aidan and Erin had gotten rather artistic with some markers in the morning hours before I picked them up. If you notice various "odd" colorations on their faces, legs and arms--that's the reason why! They made NO apologizes for decorating their small bodies. Aidan thought it was rather a GOOD idea.

I tried very hard to snap a picture of these two together ... but Aidan kept photobombing my efforts ...

Erin is a very good climber. She is not one bit hesitant to go as high as she can on any apparatus.


Aidan was not about to be "shown up" by his younger sister. I was a bit surprised Aidan climbed to the very top of this curly slide and went down laughing. Good for you, Aidan!
Erin was "hooting" like a monkey while swining on this bar ...


This is a HUGE play area ... I was a tiny bit nervous when I couldn't see all three kiddos--but they kept going their separate ways. Thankfully, I was quick on my feet and kept good track of where they were ... but it was just about ALL I could do! 

Look at Brendan. Isn't he growing up so much ... and too quickly? And look at how handsome he is! He is such a dear person to my heart ...
These TWO imps ...





I love these children ...
Aidan settled into the Ninja arae and made himself a bed since he was NOT going to climb to the top of this tricky apparatus!

Brendan made it to the top. So did Erin!

Look at Erin's precious little face!
Aidan ... just chillin in his very own "playground bed" (this is what he called it).


My heart is still so warm from being with these grandchildren yesterday. I am one blessed person, for sure. Thank you so much, Lord.

No comments: