Saturday, June 25, 2022

June 23 with Kaity

Thursday:  When I picked Kaity up from Jesse this afternoon, I had a Plan A and a Plan B in my head--Plan B's are always necessary ... just in case! Before I left my house, I had laid out our swim suits, beach towels and all of the stuff we would need to go to Versluis Park for a little while today--even though I am not crazy about the place, due to the fact that they no longer have any life guards on duty; and therefore, they are not charging people to enter the park and swim. This was a "new" policy last summer and we soon found out that the visitors were a much different "sort" when there was no admission fee. It was very WILD and rather depressing. But this is a different year--I thought we could give it a try.

When I suggested it to Kaity as we were driving to my house, she told me she didn't feel like swimming--she had been swimming yesterday with her friends, Kenzie and Harper, at their grandma's pool; and she "didn't feel like getting wet" today! Well! Okay, then.

Plan B:  I found this unpainted wooden lighthouse Diana had given me ... still unpainted ... a few days ago and wondered if Kaity might like to paint it for me. She very happily agreed to work on it for me.

Look at the nice job she is doing with her painting! Go Kaity!
Kaity chose my favorite color for lighthouses: RED (it's also my favorite color of every other color in the world). She painted the base of it GREEN (which is Kaity's favorite color) and even made "grass" growing up the side of the lighthouse! She is going to continue painting it when she comes over on Saturday.
While Kaity was painting, she managed to eat an entire watermelon (one of those mini-personal-seedless kind)!!

We also played puppets. Oscar has become Kaity's favorite lately. He is unique inthat you can make his arms and his legs work AND his head. He also has a very tiny mouth that you can open and close, if your finger is small and strong enough to manipulate it. His leathery, floppy feet are so cute--and his crumpled whiskers are super funny too.

I love these pictures of my Kaity-Girl and Oscar!
Six more days until Kaity turns DOUBLE-DIGITS! Oh my!

No comments: