Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 3 A SURPRISE gift!

Friday Evening:  Emma is gone to Frankenmuth for the weekend with her mom, David and Kaity. They are even going to take in a Tiger game Saturday afternoon. SO ... I decided I would MEND a few of my rock paintings that didn't weather well over the winter (some of the lettering faded out almost completely). I didn't take any pictures of the "fix", you will just have to take my word for it. But while I was working on the rocks, I decided it was high time that I haul out the rocks I collected last fall while up north at Whitefish Pointe with my brother, clean them up, and think about what to paint on them. While I was beginning some of that, Jesse called. He hardly EVER calls ... so I picked up right away! 

If you haven't ever heard Jesse's voice on the phone, you won't know how wonderful it is! IT IS. He has the nicest telephone voice ever. He told me he had a surprise present for me ... could he bring it over? Yes! The last time Jesse surprised me with a gift was a painting of a lonely harbor with an old sailboat docked at a small marina. I have loved that picture for close to 20 years now! 

Look what Jesse found at a garage sale for $20?!!! What?!?! My favorite Grand Haven light ... IN THE FOG!



The only possible place for this size picture to hang is either right above my desk ... or above the couch. However, I already have/HAD very large pictures in those places. In fact, the painting Jesse brought home for me all of those years ago used to hang right where "Grand Haven in the Fog" is hanging right now. I am hoping to hang the other picture in the spare room, which is now Emma's room above the bookshelf--but we'll have to see how she feels about it! 

I love this picture so much. I LOVE Grand Haven! Mostly, though, I LOVE that Jesse thought of me when he saw it and purchased it. My heart needed just exactly this tonight. So thankful.

No comments: