Monday, January 3, 2022

January 1 Good time with KT

Saturday:  It's been a very long time since I sat up until midnight to watch the new year arrive--but I did it this year. It had been a really sad few weeks, I had devoured four different Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes novels in the last week alone, and I needed to just quiet my heart, read some Psalms, review some notes I took during the fall session of MNBS, and pray in the new year. I am glad I did! I slept until 8AM this morning and felt very rested.

I picked Kaity-Girl up at 3:30 from her mama. I had nothing planned--still a paradox for me to think of something Kaity and I can do together that would rival her phone games; but I asked the Lord for the courage, strength and love to be with Kaity today, no matter what we did or did not do.

Kaity gave me a big hug (very unusual) at her door, got into my car, and talked nonstop all the way to my house. I love it when she shares her life with me.

We played for a little bit with some of the toys that needed straightening up and then Kaity requested that we watch a movie, one of the ones I already own up on my shelf. I told her to help herself and that we would watch whichever one she chose (with the exception of Home Alone I or II--since we had already seen those very recently). She decided on the "Little Rascals" which we really enjoyed together. It's not an overly long movie and really a cute story.

Kaity wasn't at all interested in eating today--nothing I offered her was acceptable--so we agreed that if she would eat a banana, I would scoop her out some chocolate ice cream. This worked very well. I know ... I am a whimp with getting children to eat healthy stuff--but I do try to make an effort.

This is one of three pictures I attempted to take of Kaity tonight. She has been at the "don't take my picture, grandma!" stage for a few weeks now. Pooh. When Emma went through this "stage" it lasted for almost three years! I barely was permitted to take any nice photographs of her and felt terribly when I tricked her into one. Sigh. 

I am thankful for the nice few hours I had with Kaity tonight. I have to take what she gives me and do the best I can, right?


No comments: