Monday, January 3, 2022

January 2 at Luton Park, Rockford

Sunday: In the past two days, we have gotten five very nice, fluffy inches of snow. It is very beautiful. Emma requested that we take a walk this weekend, and this afternoon worked out to be the best time. Emma has never been to Luton Park before, and since it isn't a long drive, we headed that direction.

Here are a few pictures I snapped before my camera battery died early into our walk:

We had only been on this path a mere two minutes when this gorgeous climbing tree came into view and I casually mentioned to Emma how EASY it would be to climb quite high in it. That's all it took! Emma handed me her camera and began climbing ...



I think if the tree hadn't been full of fresh snow and ice, she might have ventured further up--isn't it such a lovely tree?

I love these pictures of Emma. She has smiled so seldom in these last weeks, I've almost forgotten that she could.



Coming down was slower ... one doesn't want to fall out of a tree, even at this low height.

We probably walked a mile--not more--because it was COLDER than cold, and Emma was snapping pictures along the way. I would have been too except ...
... right here, my camera died and gave me the message to "charge battery" ... my heart sank. How could I have forgotten to charge my camera?!! 
I coaxed it into one more picture and then it was DONE. I put it away and just walked and enjoyed this gorgeous winter afternoon. I have 100's of pictures of this very place, so I wasn't too terribly disappointed.
Very thankful today that Emma and I could do this together. Thankful for her ease of talking and laughing. I miss her! I LIVE with this girl ... when she is sad (much of the time), I am sad too. Please, Lord, make Your ways known to Emma. Show her that You have a good future ahead for her.


No comments: