Sunday, January 23, 2022

January 22 Woodsy winter walk ...

Saturday Afternoon:  Emma and I came home after Kaity's soccer game to rest our bodies, eat some lunch and then gear up for the COLD that was beckoning us outdoors ... fresh, soft, white white WHITE snow had fallen, covering what had become mud and yuck from our last snowfall. It was SO beautiful. Here are too many (!!) pictures of our walk. We went to a very familiar place--just next to our favorite sledding hill. Mill Creek meanders throughout the woods here and the train tracks border it ...

It was actually snowing quite a lot as we walked ... although the picture below has been altered to show just how snowy it was!



Emma hasn't walked like this with me for such a long time. We've taken walks ... but not happy ones like this one. I felt deep within my heart that this was a gift from God ... her smiles ... her laughter ... chumming like we sometimes used to do on our weekends together.






I love this picture (below)!




I have an ongoing love affair with ... almost every tree!
Wouldn't you LOVE to live in that house on the hill?


This is that same house, from a different viewpoint ...

Here is the train bridge. I've yet to catch a train actually crossing here ... some day ...


We walked (carefully) across this bridge to the other side. Well ... I WALKED it ... Emma practically CRAWLED across ...



"Do we have to cross this bridge?!" Emma questioned in a small voice ...


When she was right about at this point, I was SO tempted to shout: "TRAIN!!!" But I was afraid she would fall off the bridge ...



Ah ... that smile ... she made it! Safe and sound on the other side! 

See the pretty little dam?
We eventually turned around and RE-CROSSED the bridge--much to Emma's horror--and once again, we made it across safely.



What a gorgeous and magical little spot this is. 
I have hundreds of pictures of this place ... 

No comments: