Wednesday, January 26, 2022

January 25

Tuesday:  I picked Brendan up at 11:00 today from Miss Jenn. I always bring a book in the car for Brendan to read as we drive--because we are in the car for almost an hour before we arrive at my house. Today, I brought him "Brave Little Finn." He actually has a copy of this book that I purchased for one of his birthdays ... maybe his 6th? Anyway, he really delights in the story. He read part of the story out loud and then remarked on all of the pictures, wanting me to examine them closely with him--rather difficult to do while driving--but during red lights and as we waited for the littles to get out of pre-school, we looked at the book together.

We landed at the Beach House shortly after noon. Aidan IMMEDIATELY requested that I get his literary tools out: paper, colored pencil, stapler--as well as being his secretary for all of the wording of his latest book. This week's story was something about a big storm. Aidan is perfectly happy creating spontaneous books, and will sit at my table for almost an hour while he is writing and drawing. 

Here are some pictures from today:  these kiddos play and play and play ... it is not difficult to entertain them at all. Erin loves the few dolls that I have around here. She likes to change their clothing and cuddle with them.

I'm so thankful I can go to the public library every week and get fresh reading material for Brendan. These are not lengthy chapter books or anything ... just fun stories with great illustrations. Brendan is an excellent reader and understands what he is reading about--he loves amusing words and sounds--I love to hear him laughing out loud as he reads.
And this Munchkin (Aidan) is headed towards becoming an AUTHOR/illustrator. His passion for making books is pretty intense! He is almost reading ... is right on the brink of it. He loves words and letters and meanings. He has a wonderful sense of humor.


Erin makes a book each week too. She is less passionate about her writing and drawing ... but she is just three and a half. She has a very solid attention span and is interested in just about everything. She listens carefully and is so much fun to have a conversation with.

Aidan built a bunch of space LEGO stuff today too. 
Both Aidan and Erin were busy cooking meals too ...
Brendan enjoyed himself on the piano again today, experimenting with all of the interesting sounds my electric piano can make. Brendan is such a patient soul, not easily frustrated, and learns new skills all the time.

These two cuties played space LEGOs together for awhile. Erin mostly had fun with all of the "space guys" and enjoyed switching out their space helmets and air tanks, etc.

We took Emma to work at 3:30 and returned back to my house shortly after 4:00. We sat down and had a refreshing bowl of ice cream and a cookie (not grandma Carol, though--she is on a diet !!!), and then I suggested we watch a movie. We put on a CD that I have in my collection and laughed all throughout while we watched "Tangled." The horse and the camelion are the funniest characters in the story! 

We didn't end up returning to their house until almost 6:30 tonight. Traffic was kind of slow, plus we left later than usual. I didn't stay at their house to play tonight. I was too tired -- plus I still had to pick Emma up from work at 12:30, so I went back to my house and did some quick pick-up, washed dishes, and fell asleep at my desk for more than an hour before I woke up to catch up on the news before leaving to get Emma. It was a very good day, today, and I am super thankful.


No comments: