Friday, January 21, 2022

January 20 An unusual Thursday

Thursday:  Because I was sick LAST week and also because we switched our Tuesday to a Thursday this week (to accommodate Miss Jenn), it had been more than TWO weeks since I had seen these little ones. I MISSED them! We had just three hours to play at my house today. Here are some pictures:

Yesterday, I went through my "cubbies" and sought out a few items that we hadn't played with for a very long time. I found (!!) this dinosaur puzzle/memory game that I attempted to play with the kids ... but the little kids saw other items that I had gotten out and chose those instead. So Brendan put the puzzle part of this dinosaur game together. Brendan enjoys puzzles.
I had actually misplaced these mini-puzzles but finally found them yesterday! Aidan and Erin LOVED them and did all four animal puzzles 2x. I loved watching them do this -- they were so happy.



I also dug up a book about optical illusions--Brendan loves loves loves stuff like this. He was so fascinated with this book. I had put it in the door pocket on his side of my car for the ride over to my house (I always put a book there for him, so that he has something to do while taking the long drive to my house) ... he brought the book inside and kept going back to the very cool photographs in it.



Our puppets were very much involved with our play today. Good 'ole Paco and Cocoa, as well as Sweetie Pie, Oscar, and Pee-Wee ...

Aidan played a LOT of piano today -- mostly on the preset children's songs ... but he really enjoyed himself trying out all the sounds ... Erin joined in singing any of the songs she recognized. She can really bellow out a tune ...

Aidan made a special house out of my legos today ...

Oscar C. Otter had a lesson on the flute given to him by Brendan ...

And Erin created her very own camera with my MagnaQuibix blocks. She was so pleased.
We had to pack everyone up by 3:30 today to take Emma to work. The news that made this "happy" for the kids was the fact that after we dropped Emma off at work, we were swinging by to pick up Kaity to bring over to THEIR house to play for a little while ...
 

No comments: