Sunday, January 16, 2022

January 9 - 13 Interlude

Sunday through Wednesday:  I truly did a lot of nothing for four solid days last week--mostly because I was struggling with vertigo (which makes me nauseous, headachy, dizzy, and disoriented). Emma and I did not attend church last week, cancelled our volunteer work, and stayed inside where we were cozy and warm. 

Ruthanne and Terry scheduled to come up Monday because Terry needed some books at Baker Book House. We agreed to meet for lunch at Culver's. My stomach and digestive system was a little bit too sensitive for fried fish (my favorite); so since I had never had a hamburger before at Culver's, I ordered that -- WOW, it was THE BEST hamburger I have had in a very long time. We ate our lunch first, and then went over to Baker's to do a little shopping. They have a nice lounge area there, too, where we visited for about an hour after our shopping had been accomplished, and then drove our separate ways home. It was so good to see them--I hadn't been with them since early September.

I was hoping the vertigo would subside enough to have my little ones over on Tuesday--but it did not and I could not picture myself taking care of Brendan, Aidan and Erin with a splitting headache and that intense dizziness. I was really sad to cancel the kiddos for Tuesday. 

I did manage to drive Emma to and from work those days because ... our options are rather limited for that. I don't think it is a good idea for any single girl to UBER anywhere -- and her work is 10 miles one way, AND she doesn't get out of work until 12:30 AM! We haven't had any success yet in replacing Emma's vehicle; so for now, this is what we are doing.

I did make two cards during those days: one for our friend, "Sir" Nigel and another for my good friend, Gail. I enjoying designing those cards and was super pleased with how they turned out. I also worked on our Genesis study from Monday Night Bible study, which was/IS a really good study. Other than that, I did a LOT of sleeping and reading ... 

No comments: