Friday, January 28, 2022

January 28 Emma's new/used car!

Friday:  Jesse and I had agreed to meet by noon today to go and check out a vehicle or two we had seen last night on Marketplace. Jesse suggested we begin with the 2009 Ford Focus. I won't give all of the details of this story--suffice it to say that once again TODAY, I experienced "the goodness of God in the land of the living." 

We had a 12:30 appointment with a fellow by the name of Kyle to see the Ford. We arrived and found it looking as beautiful as the pictures showed on Marketplace. We took it for a test drive and Jesse went through EVERYTHING on the car, inside and out, and even underneath ... clean through and through! Kyle also gave us a CARTRACK report that detailed the entire history of this car--really helpful.

Here are some pictures:


It is my very favorite color!


This is a 2009 Ford Focus, 94,000 miles. Two owners. No accidents. Newer tires. The timing belt is actually a CHAIN, and Jesse prefers those. After driving it and inspecting it, Jesse offered the fellow 10% less than the asking price and it was agreed upon with one little problem ... how to convince Emma to purchase it? We asked Kyle to give us a few hours ...

I came home to "sell" the vehicle to Emma and as I drove, I prayed. I want to grow in trusting the Lord in everyday situations, and I have been praying all week for a replacement vehicle for Emma--that God would lead us to the right one at the right place and time. The biggest strike against the car was that it was a "dealership" car, but when I explained to Emma that this is a one-person "dealership" and that he was kind and helpful and honest and nonpressuring (is that a word?) ... and also that Jesse's friend Scott was very positive about the purchase, she told me she had been praying too about God leading us to the right car ... she had just been praying this morning before I came home with all of the paperwork! Isn't that cool?

So ... we drove over to Emma's credit union, got the money order, I called the insurance company and transferred insurance, called Kyle to ask him if we could pick the car up tomorrow and everything is SET. I am so thankful. You should have seen Emma's beautiful smile!

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.  Psalm 27.13,14


No comments: