Friday, January 7, 2022

January 7 Bitter cold on Chauncey Avenue

Friday:  It was 1 degree on the temperature gauge on my car, but I was out the door, camera in hand, early this morning. Here are a few of the pictures:

This is IMPERIAL MILL. I looked it up (googled it) and found that this is an old gist mill, established in 1848--there was once a little town right here. It's about a mile from where I live, on Chauncey Avenue. I just love the name of this street.
It's no longer used as a mill. There is a dam, however--I wasn't able to get close enough to zoom in on the water flow, but this is actually a private residence now. You can go on line and see 24 pictures of it! I did! It's SO SO pretty inside and boasts 5 BD and 3 baths and has an estimated worth of a half million dollars. I don't think it is for sale ... 


I love this spot so much. I have photographed it during all of the beautiful Michigan seasons. I like it best in the winter, though.



Since I was out and about and the SUN was actually shining, I drove further down Cannonsburg to Townsend Park ... 

No comments: