Tuesday, January 11, 2022

January 8 At the hill

Saturday:  I took the girls over to the hill today so that they could sled for awhile. It was bitter, bitter cold outside and a pretty brisk wind was blowing. 

The hill looks EMPTY in these pictures, but actually there were about a half dozen other kids sledding--and clearly NOT practicing any proper sledding protocol whatsoever. For example, when you sled DOWN a hill, you do not walk back up the hill in the very same place you came down ... you block other sledders from coming down that way and those waiting at the top have to ... W-A-I-T ... and oftentimes, those same not-so-polite sledders barely get to the top and turn around (in front of you) and go right back down!
So Emma and Kaity did a LOT of waiting. Emma made sure that when she and Kaity went down, they actually moved to the side and used the stairs to come back up the hill, leaving the runway free for anyone wanting to sled down. 
I grabbed only a few pictures because I wasn't feeling at all well (vertigo). I had parked the car where I had full vision of all sledders, so I happily remained in the warm car while the girls played.

I am glad we did this today! The snow was fresh, the hill wasn't overly crowded, Emma was "up" for the challenge, and Kaity LOVES to be outside no matter what the weather conditions.








I love these pictures of these girls!


 Thankful for these few happy hours ...

No comments: