Sunday, June 16, 2024

June 13 with Kaity-Girl

Thursday:  I don't know how I managed this, but I spent 4 hours with Kaity tonight and never took ONE picture ... NADA! Yikes. It's just that Kaity is not a little kid anymore--so that's partly the reason I don't always want to be pointing my camera (or phone) at her.

What did we do? Well ... it had been nearly two weeks since I had spent any time with her. Jesse took Kaity with him to Montana to see his girlfriend, Megs. I did get to pick Jesse and Kaity up from the airport Tuesday night--and that was good; but it was 10:30 and I had four children to take care of the next day, so we didn't really talk much or spend any time with each other. It was just good to see her beautiful smile and get such a huge hug from her at the airport.

Today we just went over to my house, where Kaity spent some time talking to Gabe on the phone while I was editing pictures. We did play a few games of UNO, with Gabe listening to us play the game and him rooting for "grandma"! We ate dinner together--well, Kaity ate 1/2 of a hotdog and a few little snacks; but she said she just wasn't hungry. 

I asked her all about her trip to Montana. From what she told me, it seems like it was a good trip. She met Megs' kiddos: Adam (almost 15), Felicity (8?), and Connor (4). She said she had the most fun with Adam. She said it was like having a brother with her on her trip. She showed me his picture of him and told me about some of the goofy stuff they did together. I was glad to hear she had such a nice time.

Later, we drove over to Altitude and Kaity jumped for about 45 minutes. None of her friends were there, though; so it was not as fun.  

It's good to have you back home, Kaity-dear.

No comments: