Sunday, June 2, 2024

June 2 New bird feeding station

Sunday:  I love feeding birds, don't you? It's such a joy to watch the variety of birds that come to feed. I was becoming more and more frustrated, though, with our aggressive squirrel and chipmunk population around here--they are quite good and stealing every single SEED in all of the different feeders I have tried. So I went looking for something that would guard against these greedy little rodents and I ordered it from A-zon. Look! Isn't it cool?

I removed my old bird feeder pole and then assembled this one and placed it further from my side windows than the other one had been. The only somewhat difficult part of putting this together was the squirrel guard--but I finally figured it out and ... LOOK! It actually looks okay! 
I filled up all of the feeders and have enjoyed watching the birds come and go all afternoon.
It was a sunny and rather warm afternoon today, and the birds don't really enjoy that as much as the cool mornings ... I am looking forward to seeing them enjoy their new place tomorrow.

No comments: