Sunday, June 16, 2024

June 14 Our sleepover

Friday night:  Erin fell asleep on the drive home to my house from Deer Tracks. She was exhausted! Thankfully, she woke up right away when I drove into my driveway and was able to walk into my house unassisted.

We played a few games after we ate our hotdog dinner. Erin really wanted to play "Guess Who?" So we played 2 games with each of us winning a game! Erin played this game very intelligently. It was so enjoyable to hear her questions. We laughed a lot while playing this.

We also played "Uncle Wiggly", which ended up being kind of a dud game. I HAD this very game as a child and I remember loving to play it. However, we played it for about 15 minutes and then Erin announced: "I feel like I am finished playing this game." So we put it away!
Erin requested that we do a little bit of painting, so I got out the watercolor kits and we each painted a picture. I love how Erin's turned out.
Erin started with making a sky, then she made a rainbow, and then she made some grass at the bottom. THEN, she wanted to paint a little bird in her picture. We had been watching all the birds outside my window, and she really liked the little yellow finches. On my Field Guide of Michigan Birds book, there is a picture of the exact one that Erin liked so much. She brought the Field Guide over to our table and decided to use it as a reference for her painting.


Look how beautifully her painting turned out!

Before we got tucked in for the night, I asked Erin to help me water my plants and flowers outside. I had no idea how mischievous Erin could be with a hose!


She turned the hose on me right about ... here! I was soaked!

But she did a very nice job with her watering job.
Getting Erin to bed was a bit of a challenge. But I was not terribly surprised. Erin LOVES to talk at night. So she talked ... and talked ... and talked!

My tickle bugs finally came out and zoomed in for the attack!

Isn't she precious? We said "The Lord's Prayer" together and then out went the lights. I had the hallway light on and did my exercises out there, and then I left the bathroom light on too. Erin was up and down a few times; but finally, she fell asleep (about 10:30-ish).

Saturday morning:  I was able to awake earlier than Erin and jump in the shower before I heard the pitter patter of little feet running down the hallway into the front room. We had a lot of fun for a few hours. We checked out my "JEWELS", colored some pictures, listened to my music boxes, fed my outside birds, etc.






Look how pretty Erin looks in my rock garden?



No comments: