Friday, June 7, 2024

June 5 Random Phone Photos

Wednesday:  I finally downloaded some pictures I have on my phone taken in the last few weeks. Not many, just a few. All of them are random shots, but I like them!

One day last week, before I got my new bird feeding "station", a whole family of Starlings showed up to feed. What a ruckus they made too! I finally figured out that three of these birds are actually Starling offspring, although they are nearly as big in size as their parents. Three of them would sit on the upper hook with their mouths wide open, and the parents would fly back and forth to my window feeder with a peanut in their beak and then drop it into an open mouth. Of course, there was always ONE of the "babies" who were unhappy and squacked themselves into an actual fit. You should have heard them!

Now that I have my new bird feeding "station" I removed the bigger feeder (the one the arrow is pointing to) because it's just too big, and it throws the weight of the entire thing off so that the pole leans heavily in that direction--even when there is hardly any food in the feeder! 

These are the peonies that are growing on a bush over at Dylan and Kelly's place. Aren't they so beautiful?
This yellow-jacket did not mind how close I got to him with my camera. There were tons of them getting nectar from these flowers. Yellow-jackets don't bother me at all--they do have a very loud buzzing sound, but other than that, they seem to mind their own business.
These are the roses growing in front of Dylan and Kelly's house. I LOVE roses!
This is my new yard flag that I was able to design myself. I'm not crazy about it ... but it will do for now. The letting is too small, and the lighthouse is too ... nondescript. You see, it's just the tippy-top of the Whitefish Bay Light. I would rather have a better lighthouse picture with an entire lighthouse for the next one.
Look! A bluejay came to eat the other day!
Isn't he marvelous?
Here is the front of Dylan and Kelly's house. I took this most recently. The peonies are past blooming; but the roses might bloom all summer long! Do you see Cal in the garage?


 

No comments: