Monday, June 24, 2024

June 22 Erin's Party

Saturday:  Everyone had a great time at Erin's 6th birthday party today. Kaity intended to come with me, but she had not slept very well Friday night; so I picked up the gifts for Erin from Kaity and headed over to the party solo.

 It was a lot of fun to listen to the conversations between 6-year-old girls, talking up a storm with their ideas, playing "house" with each other, and sharing secrets. Pretty cute, all of them.

I took quite a few pictures--all with my phone camera today, starting with the cutting of the birthday cake. Lunch was served beforehand, but I didn't take a single picture during that time--I was too busy eating I think.

Here is Erin as we sang her "Happy Birthday."


Isn't she the sweetest? I love her so much.
Erin waited patiently until everyone finished singing ...
Then came the huffing and the puffing--to blow out those candles ... but it was tougher than it looked.


Kelly finally lifted Erin so that she was above the cake--which worked very nicely. The little girl to the right of Erin is her friend, Emmaline. The next girl is a close friend too, but I can't remember her name.
The cake, from Costco, was very delicious! I could have eaten a much bigger slice--which Kelly did offer to me, but I took a small slice instead (because of NOT wanting to spoil my diet). 

Kelly offered all of the kids their choice of popsicles AND cake; so most of them had their popsicle first and then they ate their slice of cake.

I asked Erin to pose so that I could get a picture of her in her pretty sparkly gold dress.
And here is Mr. Cal, roaring like the scary T-Rex that he is!
Time for gifts!!!
Erin did a very nice job with her gifts. She has a sweet little heart.
Here is Aidan being a tough guy, doing a spread-eagle on his huge window.

Erin had lots of nice presents to open. She was super interested in each one of them.
I'm pretty sure this is a Polly Pocket's set from one of her best chums ...



And look at this great art set! Markers, crayons, colored pencils, paints! WOW.
Here is Erin opening up the card from Kaity, along with Kaity's siblings (Erin's cousins). They sent a very pretty card, and wrapped up many of Kaity's LOL dolls that she no longer plays with. They are really cute, and Erin loves LOL's.
Erin was so pleased.





I had given her gifts on Tuesday (the actual date of her birthday); but I felt I just couldn't come empty-handed to a birthday party; so I picked up this watercolor set for Erin. She seemed to like it very much. Look at little Cal watching everything. He was such a good listener today! 

Erin's party was from 11am - 2pm. I left the party a little after 1:00. I needed to check and see if Kaity was going to be coming over at her usual afternoon time, and I was feeling overly exhausted and decided to go home and take a brief nap before going over to Kaity's. 

This was such a nice party for Erin. She is very blessed to be born into this sweet family. 
 

No comments: