Friday, June 7, 2024

June 5 Last day of school

Wednesday:  It's the last day of school for kids in Grand Rapids today. They've had two half days, and now they are finished! Kaity is finished with 5th grade, Brendan with 6th, Aidan with 1st, and Erin with Kindergarten. Cal's preschool finished up last week.

Kelly had morning clients today and no one to cover for Cal, so I arrived at their house at about 8:15. I was in time to see Erin and Aidan get on their school bus for their last day. Cal and I hung out for the morning, reading books and playing with some of his toys.

We decided at 10:00 to drive over to the mall and go to the monster playground!

The last time I was at the soft indoor playground at Woodland Mall, they still had the fried egg and bacon theme--this is the first I had seen of the monster one. Cal told me he has been here lots of times playing with Erin and Aidan too. 


Cal scampered right up the tongue of the monster without any hesitation whatsoever.
Isn't Cal the cutest little person?

There were not many other children playing here today, so our playtime wasn't very extended. My hip is too sore (and I am TOO old) to climb around on playground equipment anymore; so after Cal showed me around, we moved on to other things ...


Out in the mall corridor, there was a bunch of vehicles kids could ride--each of them took 4 quarters for one ride. I didn't have any change on me--only paper money--and oddly, none of the mall stores open until 11:00 in the morning. How weird. I was hoping to grab some change inside one of the stores, but no one had their doors opened. I tried to explain this to little Cal, but paper money vs coins are not something his brain can understand at this age. Anyway, Cal climbed in and out of all of the vehicles and posed a few times so that I could snap his picture.


Since nothing else was open at the mall, we drove back home. I kind of coaxed Cal back to the car with the promise that he could have a freeze pop once we got back to his house. He was good with that.

The other kiddos were home shortly after noon, so we ate a nice lunch together, watched a few short programs on their TV, and played outside for awhile too.

Cal loves this little car ... I remember Brendan loving it at this age too.

Here is our little Erin, using one of her princess dress layers to make a fancy hood. Very nice, Erin!
We played a LOT with paper airplanes today. I LOVE paper airplanes! Brendan folded quite a few designs, and Aidan did too. I was so busy making airplanes myself, that I didn't catch a single picture of Aidan folding or flying his.
For a little while, it was just Brendan and me in the great room flying our airplanes. It's very rare that I am with Brendan without the other kids--so I was very happy to have this happy. The little kids were in the downstairs playroom watching their shows.
Another photo of dear Erin. She is such an interesting little person. She has so much going on in her brain. I love to listen to her thoughts and her wishes. She is a dear!
For the rest of the summer, I will have all of this kiddos one day per week--Kelly says Wednesday is still working best, and it does for me too. I am looking forward to all of the fun times ahead!

 

No comments: