Friday, June 21, 2024

June 18 Erin's 6th Birthday

Tuesday:  After our Ladies' Tea this afternoon, I drove over to Dylan and Kelly's to celebrate little Erin's sixth birthday. This was not her BIG celebration with all of her friends; it was just family. It was delightful to watch her open her gifts. She is a very expressive little person.

Erin started with my gifts to her--nothing was a surprise because she picked every single one of them out herself at Deer Tracks Junction last week. That's okay. I wrapped them up anyway.
Erin liked the card I made for her (see end of this post) ... 

Aidan read all of the words to Erin. He likes the cards I made too. It's nice to hear good things about stuff that means so much to me.

Next, she opened Uncle Shane's gift. The entire time she was unwrapping the box, she was saying she was hoping it was a new Barbie doll. "Uncle Shane asked what I wanted, and I told him a new Barbie!"
Here is Aidan, waiting with anticipation ...
Erin screamed right out loud--"Look! It IS a Barbie! TWO Barbies! Mermaids! I KNEW it!"
"Uncle Shane always gives me the BEST presents!"

Aidan gave her a sweet little toy bird that I think actually goes with the Barbies ...
Look at his face as he is watching her open his gift. I love that Aidan likes to give gifts! He also made his very own card for her. Good job!
Then it was time to open gifts from Dylan and Kelly. The first was a hula-hoop (which she REALLY wanted), and then an LOL doll (another of Erin's favorite things) ...
And there were 1 or 2 items I missed somewhere along the line ...
Erin arranged them all inside her new hula-hoop.


Cal was completely unimpressed with Erin's gifts ... I mean, where on earth were the dinosaurs? Or trucks? Jeeps!

Erin shared some birthday cookies with us too. It was a good time of laughter and fun, and celebrating little ERIN.

The card I made for Erin:




Aren't these great pictures of Erin? She is a very fun little girl, and I am so thankful for her. I love her to pieces.


I only stayed for a short while over at their house this evening. Tomorrow, I have the kiddos for about six hours--which is about all I can handle. AND, since it is so blazing HOT this week, I am not going to bring them over to my very un-airconditioned little house where we will be miserable; we will just stay at their cool house and do much better, I think.

No comments: