Saturday, June 1, 2024

May 30 Kaity KT KT!

Thursday:  Kaity is growing up so fast now--it still takes me by surprise how much she has grown this year--I don't mean her height (although she IS tall), but just her overall SELF. I like her very much and love spending time with her. She has an easy way about her that is so comfortable. This is good.

Here we are playing a game of UNO [Jurassic World edition]. For once (!!) today, I actually won TWO games. Kaity usually beats the socks off me, winning 3 games to 1 on any given week.

Here is a picture of Kaity AFTER doing 200 back drops (I'm not sure what they are actually called). I'll try to explain: Kaity jumps on the tramp and then lands on her back with her legs kind of in a seated position, and then the bounce brings her back to her feet and she does this over and over and over again. She had me make a video of her doing this back drops while I was counting. She was looking a bit weak after 150, but continued on until I finally asked her to stop at 200. I was getting dizzy watching her bounce up and down!
Kaity has a LOT of athletic ability--and what's extra nice is that she is super happy when she is moving her body, whether it's running, jumping, biking, climbing ... I love this about her. Too bad I am such an old lady now and can't begin to keep up with her. Sigh. That's okay. I WAS young once-upon-a-time, and even though I was not athletically inclined, I did enjoy physical activity--especially climbing on playground equipment.

So 200 it is, for now Kaity! You look a little bit exhausted in this picture--but I think you felt very good about your accomplishment.

 

No comments: