Sunday, June 16, 2024

June 14 Deer Tracks with Erin

Friday:  I invited Erin for a sleepover this week. Friday seemed like the best night to do this! Plus, I asked if I could pick her up in the middle of the afternoon, so that we could drive up to Deer Tracks Junction and play for awhile. Also, since Erin's birthday is next week and I have purchased ZERO gifts for her yet--I told Erin we could look around the gift shops at Deer Tracks to see if there was anything she might like me to buy for her birthday.

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm not sure who had the MOST fun--Erin? or ME?!?!?

Here are some pictures of Erin at Deer Track:

We began our adventure at the 90-acre wood. Erin got to hold a little guinea pig--who was VERY wiggly and cute!

Erin really enjoyed the grain bin (below). She played and played here!
I got in here with Erin for awhile--but it wasn't easy to get myself back out! You kind of sink down in the corn--it FEELS super nice--cool and soft. We buried Erin, but I didn't get a good picture of that.
Erin tried to make a "corn castle", which cracked us up, because it ... couldn't be done! 
Look at Erin's happy smile ... I love her so!
The Budgie pavilion might have been our favorite place ... it's hard to say ... but it was so much fun inside with these beautiful little birds. Erin had TWO feeding sticks, and the birds ate every single seed from them.




One time, there were 3 or 4 birds on Erin's arms all at once. She said they were trying to eat her fingers, but that it didn't hurt--just tickled, kind of.

Afterwards, she told lots of people that "Nine birds REALLY liked me!"




After the budgies, we stopped at the sand pit for awhile--but then we saw the tortoise pavilion ...
We tried to feed this guy a carrot, but he was walking away too fast! We finally just through it in his area and let him fetch it.


Next, we went to the "bunny barn" and enjoyed these darling bunnies. Erin loved them!
We asked the worker in the bunny barn if these babies had names yet. She said they had not been named yet and asked us if we wanted to name the one Erin was holding. SO ... Erin decided "MINNIE" was a good name for this one.

We did and saw so much more this afternoon ... but I am going to continue this visit at Deer Tracks Junction on my next post ...


No comments: