Friday, June 21, 2024

June 20 Kaitlynn and Kenzie

Thursday:  I was scheduled to pick Kaity up from Jesse today at our usual 3:30; but I was running a little late--plus, Jesse messaged me that Kaity was taking a nap and he would have her text me when she woke up. It's a good thing it worked out that way because at 4:00, the tornado sirens blasted, and a heavy rain began to fall--so heavy, I couldn't even see across the street. I hate driving in that stuff! Plus, I really have no place to "shelter" in a mobile home ("manufactured" , "double-wide", whatever you want to call it) because there are no basements. I was doing my PT exercises in my laundry hallway when the sirens went off. It's a pretty narrow hallway with no outside windows, so I just continued to exercise and ... I prayed that all would be safe.

Jesse texted me that Kenzie came over and woke Kaity up and that they were playing. Could I come at 4:30? I answered that I would come when "all was clear" tornado-wise. In the meantime, Kaity messaged me and asked if Kenzie could come over too. 

SO ... I picked KT and Kenzie up at about 4:45. We came over to my "hot" house where the girls played and had a lot of fun. I took a few pictures of them. We also played a game of "HEDBANZ" together, which is always a lot of fun to do.

The girls built a track for our little battery-operated cars. They reinforced the hills with MagnaTiles and raced the cars around for awhile. It took them a bit to come up with the layout and a successful run; but their design worked quite well in the end!


They also played a bit with PhotoBooth; however, I thought they would take a lot more pictures with it than they did--this is the only one!
We drove over to Altitude and the girls jumped from about 7-8:00. There were not many other kids there tonight, so there was a lot of space to do their jumps. I was so thankful Kenzie was here with Kaity. Kaity is a very social person, and Kenzie has been a good friend to her. They have their little "spats" at times, but I am always thankful when they mend their friendship and continue on.

Why is Kaity's mouth open wide in the photo above? She is YELLING at me: "HEY!!!" I think she is indicating (!!) that I am NOT to take any pictures of her while jumping. Hmm.
There was one time tonight that Kaity walked over to me--I think it was in my house as we were getting ready to leave for Altitude--but she came close and gave me the biggest hug--it was very spontaneous and it touched me deep in my heart. I love our Kaity so much. 


No comments: