Monday, June 24, 2024

June 22 with KT

Saturday:  I spent a brief time with Kaity-Girl today. She is going to be at Camp Greenwood all next week; so I won't see her again until her 12th birthday. We had a nice time together today. We played one of our longest ever games of UNO, which I won; and then Kaity won the next two games. 

Kaity told me she had no water bottle to take with her to camp next week. Naturally, she remembered that a new water bottle was on her birthday gift list, and she was sitting right at this desk with me when it was ordered (!!!); so I relented, and gave it to her today.

Kaity was very "fussy" about what exactly this water bottle HAD to look like. She was very pleased to find an official NFL Lions logo bottle on-line, which fit into our little budget! 

I love you so much, Kaity; and I will be praying for you all week while you are at camp. She was telling me that one of her favorite things at camp is when they sing songs and dance to them. She remembers singing: "Days of Elijah". I told her I knew that song too! I asked her if she knew who ELIJAH was--but she did not. Some time this week, I'm going to look up the lyrics to that song as well as downloading a good version of it onto my playlist. I'm going to attempt to briefly tell her the Bible stories contained in the lyrics--one story at a time. Good Biblical truth combined with music is a powerful thing!

No comments: