Sunday, September 15, 2024

September 12 with KT

Thursday:  I picked up Kaity after school today. We had nothing special planned. It still amazes me that she wants to come to my boring little house and hang out; but she does, and I am so glad to have her here. It's Sunday night now when I am posting about our time together, and I can't really remember anything out of the usual that occurred except that Kaity had homework to do and got started on that right away.

School and homework is NOT what it was like 60 years ago. It doesn't even resemble it! Kaity does all of her school work (or at least most) on a computer that is assigned to her by her school. Her assignments are on a school website and each student has their own "account" their teacher has access to. It's kind of cool, actually. The teacher can just bring up each student's account to see if their work is current, assignments are finished when assigned, etc. A lot less paper that way. 

Kaity's math assignment, however, necessitated "showing her work" which she did on paper, and then entered the correct answer on her computer. I think this was addition and subtraction of decimals. At least I remember to do this kind of math--not much else, though; math was never a strong subject with me.

Kaity did finish her work; although when asked to help her with her Geography homework, she wasn't willing to actually accept where I was leading her to research; so I was promptly requested NOT to help. I complied!

We re-heated some chicken and rice for dinner and then drove over to Altitude where Kaity practiced jumping. She is learning a lot of cool maneuvers as she jumps, and it's so good to see her be physically active. She has a lot of fun at Altitude, and it's very entertaining to watch her. She actually cracks herself up trying new tricks. !!



No comments: