Saturday, September 7, 2024

September 5 with Kaity

Thursday:  Kaity is now in middle school--which means (among lots of other things) that her day begins an hour earlier than elementary school, and ends an hour earlier too! Kaity rides the bus to school; but she and Kenzie often walk HOME (since it is little more than 1/2 mile). I intercepted both girls about midway to their house--they hopped in my car in the parking lot of Clark's Landscaping, and then we drove the rest of the way.

Jesse is out in Montana visiting his "Megs" for a long weekend. This is Diana's weekend with Kaity, so it won't seem terribly drastic for Kaity to not see him over the next few days. I am thankful he works his schedule around Kaity! After all, she is very important to him!

Kaity and I came to my place and hung out for awhile. I took care of my outside bird feeders and did a few other little "chores" around the house while Kaity was catching up with stuff on her phone. We ate our usual dinner and then played a few rounds of "Worst Case Scenario" -- which Kaity enjoyed more last week than she did this week. Kaity likes NEW stuff--what can I say? But at least we were interacting face to face instead of just sharing things we've found online this week with each other; although there is nothing at all wrong with doing that. I just prefer REAL time interaction rather than things we've saved to show each other when we see each other.

We drove over to Altitude at our usual time. Kenzie and Harper were there! The girls had a good time playing and jumping--so this was a lot better than Kaity not knowing a single person in the entire place. Kaity does make friends easily, but there were not many children playing at Altitude tonight. 

Here are a few photos of Kaity and Harper playing basketball:





Doesn't it look like so much fun to play basketball on a trampoline? There are actually TWO nets: one is significantly lower than this one, and then this one which I think is TOO high! Kaity just likes to practice running, dribbling and then shooting. I like to see her physically active like this--it's just so good for her! So glad Kaity and I can get together 2x each week. I love her to pieces.

No comments: