Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 24 Cross Country #224

Tuesday Afternoon:  I was invited to attend Brendan's Cross Country meet this afternoon! I was so excited to go see him run. I was able to pick up Dylan downtown at work and then we both drove over to pick Brendan up from school, and THEN we drove out to Lowell for the track meet. We got there a little bit early, which never hurts!

This event is a two-mile run on a designated path out at the Lowell High School campus. What a beautiful and huge place it is! I had never been there before and was super surprised at the size of the place.

We met Brendan's cross-country coach, a very nice gentleman, and got to see Brendan's team do their warm-ups and everything. I've never ever been to a cross-country meet in my life--so I hadn't any idea what to expect. I took a bunch of pictures--here are the best of them:

This is Brendan's coach (I forget his name):

Brendan was assigned #224 to pin onto his shirt.
I love this picture of Brendan ... he is very special to me, and gets way inside my heart!
Here is Brendan helping Coach separate the numbers for each runner ...
And they're OFF ...
This are NOT good pictures. I am really terrible at long-distance photography.
This is Brendan's second year running cross-country. He likes to run! He has always been a runner, from the time he was very young. He is not super fast--but a two mile run is quite an accomplishment. I think he is very brave to do this. I guess last year, he came in last almost every meet; but that is no longer the case.
I am so proud of you, Brendan!

Here is Brendan, nearing the end of the course ...

I was cheering him on ... he looked SO exhausted. What a courageous young man you are, Brendan!

And would you believe it? Brendan also has a choir concert this evening over at the Fine Arts Center! He even has a small solo part! (see next post)

No comments: