Friday, September 6, 2024

September 4 our last Wednesday

Wednesday:  Next week, little Cal begins pre-school four days per week; so I have been switched from Wednesday's to Friday's (since he is off school all day on Friday). 

Today, we had a good day together. I picked Cal up at 11:30. We ate hotdogs, slices of cheese, chips, and lots of other yummy stuff for lunch. We played pretty hard for the next two hours--Cal has a lot of energy!

Cal was very into being in the play room today. We got out a lot of fun toys and pretended some of our animal friends were out in the ocean and needed rescue by our wooden sailboat.
There was danger EVERYWHERE! Cal put two of our alligator toys in the ocean, who were very hungry today ... storms happened, and it was tense for awhile--but all of the animals survived.


Cal got his hair cut this morning! He looks like an entirely different boy!
We also played trains for quite awhile today. Cal is very keen on trains. He still enjoys it best when all the trains are crashing ... sigh ... but it's still fun to play with them.

After playing trains for quite awhile, Cal decided he needed a movie to watch. He found the bin of "Secret Life of Pets" stuffies and announced he would like to watch the first movie, so we did! I was tired of crawling around on my knees and thinking up "train stories" to tell. I felt I had earned the break!

Afterward, we drove back to Cal's house in time to meet Erin and Aidan's bus; although Dylan was working from home today, so he was already waiting at the bus stop. Erin and Aidan were glad to see us. We played for quite awhile this afternoon and evening. Kelly made a delicious curry chicken and rice meal too. She had to attend a meeting over at Brendan's school after dinner, so I stayed and played with the kids a little bit longer than I usually do. Brendan tried to teach me the Pokemon card game--I'm afraid I was a real dunce at this game--but it was nice to at least be sitting across from Brendan and interacting with him for a little while tonight. He is such a dear person.

Well -- next week it's FRIDAY, right after my doctor's appointment.

No comments: